The very thought of you makes my heart sing,
Like an April breeze on the wings of spring,
And you appear in all your splendor,
My one and only love.
I thought you didn’t care..or maybe too busy to even care. I was sick last week. It was Tuesday afternoon when I suddenly felt ill. We got the chance to talk only when it’s a matter of minutes before I get to go home. Yet in his bits of moments of attention his care becomes apparent. He talked about eating hot chicken soup, about if I’ve ever experienced having every food I want when I’m ill because I think he had his share of this privilege.
The following day, I didn’t go to work. He called up because of work stuff/concern that is in need of a solution. Though he managed it with the help of others, in the end he just told me ‘pagaling ka lang jan’. I missed them so. It was so boring at home. Most of all, I found myself having no reason to laugh. Next time we talked it was Friday, It was then he told me that he brought arusep and hashbrown the day before and on that day to share with me ( I think it was because I was ill) and some cheese too. Unfortunately I wasn’t there. He thought that I’ll be coming to work so he brought in some extras. I felt cared for, felt a surge of gratitude and appreciation that after we’ve talked over the phone and had a couple of great laughs,I had to send him an sms thanking him again.
Finally, yesterday, I felt missed. Maybe he was happy because of some other reason but my stubborn head just can’t help but think that he probably unconsciously (or maybe consciously) expressed that I was missed. I wanted him to know that I missed them too, especially him but I didn’t dare tell him that. Can anyone blame me? He’s the closest friend I have now. He’s a great friend and I look up at him- I think I have been for a very long time already.) I felt missed! Imagine that! I wasn’t feeling too well yet yesterday but that surge of happiness the realization made me felt was more than enough to give me the strength I needed for the day. He had a lot to tell, makwento nga sya kahit di kami msyadong nakapag-usap coz of work. I can ignore the heavy rain that day sa saya.
I just thank God for sending him to me, I just wish I’ll still be with him longer.
| Powered by TagBoard Message Board |