The very thought of you makes my heart sing,
Like an April breeze on the wings of spring,
And you appear in all your splendor,
My one and only love.
inspired by: today's Gospel: Mark 8:14-21 http://www.rc.net/wcc/readings/mark8v14.htm
"Lord, you alone can sustain me with your life-giving Word and Spirit. Give me joy and strength to serve you always and help me to turn away from the leaven of sin and worldliness which brings corruption and death."
Lord, I've always been a worry-worth. I always need to get reminded of how powerful, merciful, and faithful you are as our God, my God. In short, I need to be always reminded of your infinite and unconditional love for us. I've been going through a lot especially since last year. When everythings seems to start to crumble. From the time we started having serious financial problems (serious is subjective), next was when my brother was hospitalized (that hurted so much, to see one of the most important people to me in such a condition), after which, getting deeply hurt and felt abandoned (not being there when I needed a friend most) by a friend I really cared for (he doesn't seem to believe it, or I/it don't/doesn't matter to him), and work related frustrations (okay I admit it's about getting noticed from all the hardwork which i need to push on), until today, when I still have a lot of things to worry about plus the hangovers of the things I mentioned. Forgive me for having such little faith even after you've helped me carry my cross through these hardest times. Just like the apostles who worried so much even it was after you have made the miracle on the loaves and fed thousands. I have been too preoccupied by the hurtful things I'm going through, my sinfulness & worldly things that do nothing but kill me each day. I'm just thankful that you're my God, our God, one who looks into the hearts of your people. Just like when you asked Saint Peter "Do you really love me?" and knew he really does when he answered "Lord, you know that I love you" even after he has denied you. Please do continue to hold my hand and as I have always prayed for, "don't let me go, ever." You know deep in my heart my Lord, that you are the reason why I continue to hold on.
| Powered by TagBoard Message Board |